Vacancy: Board Member
Studio Julian Hetzel (Ism & Heit Foundation) is looking for a board member for an average of 4 meetings per year
Vacancy for an unpaid position
Closing date: 10-12-2023
Studio Julian Hetzel is based in Utrecht and makes theatre and art projects. The studio consists of a group of creatives who work together within an undisciplinary art practice. We create performative experiences to challenge the status quo of our society. The work is produced and programmed internationally.
Ism & Heit Foundation was founded in 2016 to produce and realise the artistic work of Julian Hetzel under the name Studio Julian Hetzel. As of 2021, Studio Julian Hetzel receives structural subsidy from the City of Utrecht and the Performing Arts Fund NL.
Ism & Heit Foundation is led by a management consisting of an artistic director and a business manager and a board consisting of at least 3 board members who meet 4 times a year. The board approves the policy plans, annual reports and annual accounts and acts as a sounding board for the management. Board members are appointed for a period of four years, with a possible one-off reappointment for a second period of four years.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE:
- Who actively participates in board meetings and contributes to decision-making
- Who can advise, reflect and monitor the strategic policy and professionalisation of the organisation
- Who can supervise the implementation of projects and activities by the management
- Who supports the development of new projects and initiatives
- Who represents Ism & Heit Foundation to relevant funders and stakeholders (artistic, policy-making and business)
- Who wants to contribute to strengthening the network of Studio Julian Hetzel
- Who helps to ensure transparent and responsible business operations (Code Cultural Governance)
WHO ARE YOU:
- You have an independent and (socially) critical attitude and endorse the undisciplinary artistic vision of Studio Julian Hetzel
- You have an affinity with contemporary art and culture
- We are looking for a broad spectrum of expertises and networks to be represented in our board, which is why we welcome applicants from disciplines such as journalism, art, legal, financial, academic, activist/political, etc.
- Administrative and/or supervisory experience is an advantage, but is not required, we especially appreciate enthusiasm
- You have a vision on social developments and trends within the art world
- You can think and advise at a strategic level
- You have a hands-on mentality, with the willingness to be actively involved outside of meetings (such as reading documents, interim consultation and advice, etc.)
Everyone is welcome to apply! We especially welcome applications from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and identities, including cultural, religious or ethnic background, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
An insight into the creative universe of Studio Julian Hetzel. You will experience how and why our projects are created. You will be part of a broader team who realises and tours (internationally) exciting and undisciplinary projects. The position as a board member is unpaid. If applicable, travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Please, email your CV and motivation to Saskia Reynolds (business manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 10, 2023, stating ‘Vacancy Board Member’.